Want to keep your ideas from being swamped by typo devils, syntax fiends and punctuation monsters?
Got a professor from hell who slashes marks for every misplaced comma and dangling participle?
Written an awesome blog post but have no time to mould it into shape, let alone answer the 500 emails attacking your inbox?
· Edit and proofread all kinds of texts, including translations, theses, magazine articles and web content for businesses, organisations, students and academics. I can check for typos and inconsistencies, advise you on whether your words and argument flow naturally and logically, and suggest how you might develop your ideas further.
· Revise translations made from Spanish or French into English by comparing them against the source document and checking for ommissions and inconsistencies.
Why I'm good at what I do:
· I have a PhD in Languages from Trinity College Dublin, so I'm very experienced with high-level academic writing.
· I was an English as a Foreign Language Teacher for 11 years (and still teach from time to time). This means I know how to talk grammar.
· I'm a full-time professional writer, editor and translator. In other words, I spend on average 25 hours writing, translating and editing every week (the rest of my time is spent on meetings, marketing and feeding the admin beast).
· Like any good editor, I am a grammar pedant and obsessed with tiny little details.
The cost varies per service and depening on how much work is needed. I won't be able to give an accurate quote until I have received a sample of your work (minimum two pages). As a guideline, I have provided below the usual minimum per word price for various services.
Please note that the minimum charge for all services is £20, regardless of the number of words.
· Basic proofreading (checking for typos, missing commas, inconsistencies in formatting, fonts etc.):
from £8.00 per 1000 words.
- Perfect for students and businesses who are satisfied that their texts are clear and well-written, but need an extra pair of eyes to do a final check before publishing or handing in.
· 'Proof-editing' (basic proofreading + improving sentence structure, word choice and grammar to make sure your writing is as clean and sharp as it can be:
from £12 per 1000 words.
- Ideal for those who aren't confident about their grammar or writing fluency, or who simply want to be sure their ideas are presented in the best possible light.
· Substantive editing (heavier editing for texts which require more significant sentence restructuring/rewriting and/or where paragraphs need to be reworked to improve the logical flow of the argument. This service also includes standard 'proofediting'):
from £18 per 1000 words.
- Particularly useful to those who use English as a Second Language, those who are inexperienced writers, and those who simply don't have the time to polish and refine their writing.
· Revision of translations (checking a translated text against the original to ensure there are no mistranslations or words/sentences omitted from the translation, as well as proofreading the final version):
Please be aware that you won't save money by hiring an editor to fix a poor-quality translation, especially if it has been performed by a non-native speaker of the target language. Revisions of such texts are time-consuming and therefore expensive. If you or your writer isn't a native speaker of English, you'll save time and money by hiring a good, professional translator from the beginning.
Email me or go to my contact page to ask for a quote and find out what I can do for you!